"The world is a book, & those who do not travel read only one page" St. Augustine

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page" St. Augustine

Monday, January 17, 2011

WHAT'S IN THE PACK?

Normally I love packing because it means I'm going on another vacation. This particular trip presents a few challenges because I will be gone for four months, and it's a backpacking trip. So a lot of people have been asking me what's in the pack? Here's a short rundown:


  • Trail Running Shoes
  • Hiking Sandals
  • Convertible Trousers
  • Shorts
  • Cotton Shirts
  • Medium Fleece
  • Raincoat
  • Socks
  • Thermals
  • Sarong
  • Sleeping Sheet
  • Sleeping Pad
  • Sunglasses
  • Sunhat
  • Pocket Knife
  • Headlamp
  • Cameras
  • Eye Shade
  • Clothesline
  • Books
  • MP3 Player
  • Journal
  • Toiletries 
  • First Aid Kit
There's a very rough picture of the clothes I will be traveling with for four months. My collection mostly includes cheap, plain, cotton t-shirts! I have all of this in my backpack and daypack. Of course there are small things that will be packed in as well. I treated all of my clothes with a permethrin spray to help repel mosquitoes, flies, ticks and other insects. I'm looking forward to enjoying some simplicity these next four months. I usually have a separate luggage for my shoes when I travel. It's almost impossible for me to pack light even though I can pack efficiently. Therefore, this trip will not include any high heels, purses (I purchased a chic money pack which of course chic money packs are non existent), makeup, hair products, etc. I'm loving Dr. Bronners18-1 soaps which can be used for laundry, bathing, brushing your teeth, etc. This makes packing a bit easier. I also got new contacts that can be worn for 30 days. I love being able to sleep with my contacts in because I can fall asleep while reading, and when I wake up I can read my alarm clock! These Air Optix Night and Day contacts are the next best thing to Lasik eye surgery! Now it's time to finish packing :) My year of planning is about to unravel itself :) 

1 comment:

  1. I am so very happy for you!! and So proud of you as well!! you always go above and beyond and i admire that!! you follow your dreams and that something amazing!! <3 you are an incredible person and i can tell you that i am one lucky person to have you in my life! When that special guy comes in your life, he will be one lucky person!! <3 PLEASE BE SAFE!! I NEED YOU BACK IN ONE PIECE!!! Love you my agapi!

    ReplyDelete