"The world is a book, & those who do not travel read only one page" St. Augustine

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page" St. Augustine

Monday, January 10, 2011

Accidental Day Off

I was supposed to work this morning, but when my alarm went off at 6:04am, I simply turned it off and fell asleep. Around 8:30 I woke to the sun blinding me through my window which still has no curtain on it. Who can complain about the warm sun on their face in the middle of winter though? It's a peaceful way to wake up. I decided to take the day off at that point and get things done for my trip. For instance, I have yet to unpack from Toronto completely. The dog peed my bed the other morning and all my sheets need to be washed and my bed remade. Thank goodness for the mattress cover that was able to absorb most of Chandler's mishap. Also, creating this blog was on my list of things to do. I only have 8 days until my journey through Southeast Asia begins.

2 comments:

  1. Accidental days off are important to your mental health! I am looking forward to reading your blog over the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma! I need to work on this blogging thing still :)

    ReplyDelete