"The world is a book, & those who do not travel read only one page" St. Augustine

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page" St. Augustine

Saturday, January 15, 2011

LAST STRETCH

This week flew by. I accomplished half of what I should have. I'm still trying to figure out when I'm going to pack because my schedule has been on crack. Work has been chaotic. We have been really busy and have just started using a new POS system. It's much more efficient than the last system, but we are still working out a few glitches. I love this restaurant though. As crazy as it may make me some days, it's my second home. This restaurant has introduced me to so many amazing people. For instance, I have adopted grandparents Ken and Eta. They are regulars here and are a huge part of my life. It's so nice to sit down with them and catch up. Ken is 92 and always fills our days with stories. Today he made me smile when he wished me safe travels. He also mentioned that he would personally kick anybody who messed with me while I'm out traveling. Precious :) I got a beautiful gift from another customer who has become a dear friend. Johanna gave me a harmony stone bracelet. The turquoise beads represent protection against negative energy. I'll wear it everyday in Southeast Asia :)! Most importantly it is Izzy's birthday today!!! He came in to the restaurant, and we got to sing to him, but he did not get on the table and dance like I requested. It's so nice to have people celebrate with us. I will miss them all when I'm gone. Of course there are dozens of others that have given me their blessings, and I am so grateful for all their support.
My dad left today. He went to Palm Springs for another golf trip. For anyone who doesn't know the obvious, I am a huge Daddy's girl. When I found out he wouldn't be dropping me off at the airport on Tuesday, I burst into tears. He deserves a vacation though. I thought I would be able to take him to the airport this afternoon and squeeze in an extra hour of alone time with him on the drive. This did not happen. Instead I got a quick hug and a phone call from the plane. This was hardly the way I planned on leaving my father for the next four months. I was overwhelmed with tears when we said, "Goodbye." He did, finally, give me his blessing. The past year, he has given me a hard time about this trip. I believe it's because he was concerned for his daughter. Today he told me that he's actually jealous!!! I never thought I'd hear him say that!
So the countdown is two days and a wake up call (Thanks Orville!).

Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Chris you go with our blessing and prayers for safe and fun-filled travel. Be sure to wear the bracelet Johanna gave you EVERYDAY!!! :) I look forward to seeing your pictures and reading your posts on your blog. Have a great time in Asia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you embark on a new journey, know we are traveling with you. I'm blessed to have you in my life. I look forward to the pictures and updates. May your travels be safe, fun and full of blessings. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous blog! :)

    Hope we can follow one another.

    -Sandra.*
    (www.cardinalmess.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!!! I can't wait to read yours :)

    ReplyDelete