"The world is a book, & those who do not travel read only one page" St. Augustine

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page" St. Augustine

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ALL YOU CAN EAT

Most people make resolutions at the beginning of the year to eat  healthier. They consume the gym for a few weeks and try to cut out carbohydrates, calories, alcohol, etc. This year my resolution was to eat whatever I want. Since I am getting ready to leave, I've decided to overindulge in everything delicious. That means waffle fries with my sandwich, a side of ranch and creamy soups. Today's menu: Egg whites with spinach (my usual favorite), a side of Cheesecake French Toast, Creamy Tomato Basil Soup and Chicken Fingers all courtesy of our restaurant The Red Apple. No feelings of guilt just pleasure as I enjoy whatever I want whenever I want. It's been nice not to worry about what I'm eating for once. I'm loading up on all my favorites that I know I won't be able to find easily in Southeast Asia. I've had endless amounts of goat cheese and peanut butter.

Dinner is going to be even better. I'm going to Ju Rin with some ladies. It's a Japanese Hibachi style restaurant. I've almost dreamed about the garlic shrimp, fried rice, miso soup, ginger salad and sake! So bring on the calories, carbohydrates, sodium and lots of butter. I'm more than ready for a delicious meal :)

3 comments:

  1. eating should be fun! We all just have to eat smart! Glad to know that there are people like you who enjoy food as much as I do. Interesting read here...following you now =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love food! I grew up in a Greek family and the restaurant business. It's hard not to enjoy food :) T

    ReplyDelete