"The world is a book, & those who do not travel read only one page" St. Augustine

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page" St. Augustine

Thursday, February 10, 2011

FREE DAY

(Wednesday) Today was a free day! When I woke up I decided to have breakfast by myself. I was going to meet Anna and Anastasia at eh park, but Isabel and I decided to walk around and go to the Internet Cafe. I obviously didn't get any blogging now because I'm writing this over a week later. I did, however, get to talk to so many people. Of course I called my parents and talked to my little sister too! It was my Yiayia's birthday so I called Cyprus and got to talk to her and my Theia. I was very happy when Yiayia asked me when I was coming to Cyprus, and I could actually say soon! I'm thinking August. I finally got to skype with Vanessa! Have I mentioned how much I miss her?!?! It's so hard being away from your best friend when you want to be experiencing these things with her! We talked for over two hours. It was needed. There have been so many times I wished she was with me. Hopefully she gets my postcard soon. I got to talk to several other friends too which was great! So nice to catch up.
Isabel and I walked around and did some shopping. Yes, shopping! There are too many options and breaking habits is a hard and timely process. I have stopped chewing gum though! That's a major step for me. I actually just bought gifts for my family and Ness. They were small, and I had them shipped back to the states. Natalie joined us for lunch at Lemongrass. It was perhaps the best lunch I've had in Thailand. Our food was good, the service was excellent and the atmosphere was chill.
Natalie's hair was down to her butt, and she wanted to get it cut. I went with her as she decided to cut it into a bob and donate her hair to Locks of Love. I was the official photographer so she didn't have to go alone. They asked me if I would also like my hair cut. I declined but could not resist temptation when they offered to shampoo and blow dry it. I haven't had straight hair since I left which mean I haven't been able to run my fingers through it. It has just been a fro! And to think a proper washing with real shampoo and conditioner. It was amazing, and I didn't wash it for three days because I didn't want to let go of my nice, soft, straight hair. Natalie's hair was finished shortly after mine. It looks so good! She wears the bob well, and it brightens her face! What a great change :)









A bunch of us went to the reggae bar in the evening. There was live music, and we all got up to dance. Some of us stayed just before closing time. The music was so good. It felt nice to dance the night away and enjoy life. I have a ton of pictures that I will post soon, but the connection is so slow right now.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ONce again sounds awesome :) - thanks for the updates - Miss you !!!

    ReplyDelete